Hi, I just upgraded to 11.0.0 (build 25013). For some text fields, the scrollbars remain as the macOS standard (thumb is rounded gray on a white background), but for others, the scrollbars now have a square white thumb on a black background.
Is there a setting for the appearance of the scrollbars?
Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0
Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller
-
richmond62
- Livecode Opensource Backer

- Posts: 10485
- Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:17 am
Re: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0
"some text fields"
Presumably those 2 different scrollbars are attached to different types of fields: can you expla8n which type comes with which?
Presumably those 2 different scrollbars are attached to different types of fields: can you expla8n which type comes with which?
Re: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0
Could you try to check the "3-D" / "threeD" property of the fields affected in the Properties Inspector?dwolff wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2026 6:35 am Hi, I just upgraded to 11.0.0 (build 25013). For some text fields, the scrollbars remain as the macOS standard (thumb is rounded gray on a white background), but for others, the scrollbars now have a square white thumb on a black background.
Kind regards
Bernd
Re: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0
@Bernd.
I have never seen the threeD property affect a field scrollbar. I thought the threeD property only changed the topColor and bottomColor of an actual object.
@ dwolff
Does reloading LC do anything?
Craig
I have never seen the threeD property affect a field scrollbar. I thought the threeD property only changed the topColor and bottomColor of an actual object.
@ dwolff
Does reloading LC do anything?
Craig
Re: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0
Craig,dunbarx wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2026 2:15 pm I have never seen the threeD property affect a field scrollbar. I thought the threeD property only changed the topColor and bottomColor of an actual object.
It is what you describe in LC < 11, in 11 3-d also affects the scrollbar.
Kind regards
Bernd
Re: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0
Changing the field to 3D restored the macOS appearance. Thanks!
This does seem like a semi-breaking change, though.
This does seem like a semi-breaking change, though.
Re: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0
dwolff.
Clearly breaking, and not semi.
Craig
Clearly breaking, and not semi.
Craig
Re: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0
On reflection, what could have possibly been the purpose?
I would consider this simply a bug.
Craig
I would consider this simply a bug.
Craig
-
richmond62
- Livecode Opensource Backer

- Posts: 10485
- Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:17 am
Re: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0
Probably the attitude towards 'legacy' stuff has deteriorated to a state even worse than when the hundreds of bugs were not addressed.
