Calendar Event Scheduling

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

nicoloose

Calendar Event Scheduling

Post by nicoloose » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:30 am

Good day Livecoders,

I am sure that this has been achieved before but I would like to be able to see, in a calendar, all the dates that I will be receiving materials into my factory. I have a purchase table with OrderDate and DueDate and have downloaded calendarPane from Rotunda Software but can't really figure it out. Has anyone used this library and can give me an example or has any other suggestions on how this can be achieved?

Regards
Nic

dunbarx
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Calendar Event Scheduling

Post by dunbarx » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:03 pm

Hi.

I have used calendarPane. It is simple and effective, but is not going to become (without extensive modification) the reporting tool you are seeking. You want a calendar that contains, I believe, notes or other indicators of the status of various actions and events placed within each "day" block. I am old school, and would build this from scratch. But there may be a gadget out there that does all this ready-made.

If you do decide to build from scratch write back. But does it have to be a calendar? You could use calendarPane to create a report of some kind, maybe even semi-graphical (like, er, a calendar. Hmmm...) that would give you the at-a-glance view you are looking for.

Anyone know of an Outlook-like application?

Craig Newman

skiplondon

Post by skiplondon » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:19 am

Two quick questions:
1) Are you using a Windows machine with Outlook installed?
2) Would you be apposes to having LC create a calendar event in Outlook outside of your LC standalone?

If the answer is yes, you could go down the path of using VBscript to do this for you. Just a thought...
Skip Kimpel - Magicgate Software

nicoloose

Post by nicoloose » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:19 am

Craig, to be honest, building from scratch is a little beyond my technical abilities at this point so the short answer is no, however, I would like my application to be able to achieve all of this without having to resort to exporting to Microsoft. It does NOT have to be a calendar at all. I just thought that from a graphical viewpoint, calendar are the best at showing such information. How would I use calendarPane as a reporting tool?

I am using both Mac and Windows machine as clients. I do have microsoft running on both though so as a short term solution, using VB to export to microsoft calendar may be an option. As I am also no VB expert, this will require some serious hand holding and coaching. Would anybody be able to assist with this?

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”