HyperCard Stack Scope
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2026 3:57 am
Hi,
I am replacing the HyperCard tools I posted earlier with what I hope is a better and more polished tool: HyperCard Stack Scope.
Note: During development and testing I found the resource fork of a HyperCard stack was stripped unless I first compressed it into a .zip file. This works very well now and you can just drop the "zipped" HyperCard Stack onto the Welcome page and it will load. For stacks that won't load it is most often because of a page checksum error in the stack so I added a version 1.0.1 in my Github repository that is more forgiving.
I use HyperCardPreview often but have been getting alerts in macOS that it contains components that will not be supported in macOS 28 so I am providing this solution. If you think there is a feature you think I should add just let me know.
The file is too large to post here but it is on my GitHub page: https://github.com/mdroberts2017?tab=repositories
- Mike
I am replacing the HyperCard tools I posted earlier with what I hope is a better and more polished tool: HyperCard Stack Scope.
Note: During development and testing I found the resource fork of a HyperCard stack was stripped unless I first compressed it into a .zip file. This works very well now and you can just drop the "zipped" HyperCard Stack onto the Welcome page and it will load. For stacks that won't load it is most often because of a page checksum error in the stack so I added a version 1.0.1 in my Github repository that is more forgiving.
I use HyperCardPreview often but have been getting alerts in macOS that it contains components that will not be supported in macOS 28 so I am providing this solution. If you think there is a feature you think I should add just let me know.
The file is too large to post here but it is on my GitHub page: https://github.com/mdroberts2017?tab=repositories
- Mike