mobGUI native mobile player (shared between cards)

This is the place to discuss anything relating to MobGUI

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte, splash21

andyparng

mobGUI native mobile player (shared between cards)

Post by andyparng » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:03 am

I placed a mobGUI native mobile player in a card. I also wanted the same player to play a different content in a different card so I made the player control a shared background group object. What I found out is I need to go to the card when opening the app to "initiate" the player first before I can go to other cards to use this shared player to play different content. If I go to a different card (other than the card where the player was initially placed) when the app open, the player will not be initiated and shown. Please help me solve this problem so I can "initiate" the player when the app is open (in preOpenStack?) and then go to any card to play the content associated with that card. Thanks!

andyparng

Re: mobGUI native mobile player

Post by andyparng » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:09 am

I solved the problem myself by adding an openCard script to set the filename of the movie to be played. I did this before in the preOpenCard script but I think it needs to be done in openCard script after the movie is initiated.

splash21
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: mobGUI native mobile player (shared between cards)

Post by splash21 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:18 am

Thanks, Andy. I've added a small description to the title for searching - I'm sure others will come across the same problem :D
LiveCode Development & Training : http://splash21.com

Return to “MobGUI”