exporting question.

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Obleo

exporting question.

Post by Obleo » Wed May 24, 2006 8:27 pm

Hello,

This may be basic, then maybe not.

Is there way to export an image without taking a snapshot of the window?

The snapshot (screen shot) works but seems like an odd way to export a picture file. Special if your window has other objects on it that have to be hidden for a snapshot. Then there is all this empty space.

I tried just exporting the new image but no success. Also not sure what to name an image to export if it is an image the user of the end product would import do something with, then export. To any picture that is already part of the stack. I am kind of confused if I am barking up the wrong tree here.

thanks for any help.

Mark
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Mark » Wed May 24, 2006 10:03 pm

Hi Obleo,

Sure, you can. In the docs, check the export command. There you will find

export image thisImage to file "Thumbnail" as PNG

and other examples.

Best,

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

Obleo

Post by Obleo » Thu May 25, 2006 1:01 am

I am not sure how I could miss not seeing that in there before.

oh the search thing sometimes returns different things, The first search for "export" it just listed exportSnapshot. If I quit out of the browser and reopen it then it finds both. That is weird. I have had so much trouble just trying to find things, that has been the biggest issue I have with us moving to this new tool. -oh well

Thanks you have been much help. :D

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”