Livecode-server: Premature end of script-error

Are you using LiveCode to create server scripts or CGIs?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

TheCore

Livecode-server: Premature end of script-error

Post by TheCore » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:48 pm

Just tried to install the new release of the livecode server (not revserver) and keep getting this error:

Error message:
Premature end of script headers: livecode-server

I assume it is a problem related to the setup in httpd.conf of Apache2. The doc is among other refering to directories that dont exists in the default Apache setup on OS X server.
Anyone know anything about this problem, or have a good short guide to make it right?

TheCore

Re: Livecode-server: Premature end of script-error

Post by TheCore » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:46 pm

Uh, turned out that the installation described in the doc is just fine.
Premature end of script-error was caused by a file permission setting on the livecode-server engine.
Set file permission to 755 for the livecode-server engine (and the two folders).
I used Fetch to install this, so that might have caused a change in file permitions.

Also note that in the doc it says you should add "AddHandler livecode-script .lc" to the apache httpd.conf file.
I'm running this without the "." before "lc". (AddHandler livecode-script lc) Works fine on my OS X Server setup and aligns better with the other apache conf settings already there not using any dot-notification.

Case closed.

edgore
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Livecode-server: Premature end of script-error

Post by edgore » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:03 pm

I have also gotten this error as a result of an error in a script. In my case it was having the line:

exit exit to top

instead of just

exit to top

Return to “CGIs and the Server”