Corrupted Stack!

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

trailboss

Corrupted Stack!

Post by trailboss » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:48 am

I try to open my stack and it says it's corrupted and to look for a back-up with a tilde ~. I find that file, but it's corrupted too. Help. What can I do?
Tom

trailboss

Re: Corrupted Stack!

Post by trailboss » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:09 am

I'm replying to my own post. I opened the file with the tilde and NOW it opens from within RunRev. This may be solved. Thanks for reading my frantic post. I feel better now, friends.

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:12 am

:)

Will move this thread to somewehre else now.
This does not seem to be an announcement! 8)

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by FourthWorld » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:45 pm

trailboss wrote:I'm replying to my own post. I opened the file with the tilde and NOW it opens from within RunRev. This may be solved. Thanks for reading my frantic post. I feel better now, friends.
Glad you found the tilde copy. Whenever a save command is issued, the last successfully saved stack file is first copied with a "~" preceding its name, and deleted only when the new file has been written and its checksum verified. If anything interrupts the save, in most cases you can simply toss the original file and remove the tilde from the copy and you're back where you were before the save.
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”