Special needs for MOBGUI in IOS simulator"

This is the place to discuss anything relating to MobGUI

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte, splash21

FireWorx

Special needs for MOBGUI in IOS simulator"

Post by FireWorx » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:53 pm

Hi I have some option buttons that I constructed in MobGui. I am having a hard time getting them to work even using the exact code examples in the documentation. But at least the option Id's seem to be working to highlight the correct button. However when in test mode in the simulator not even that works.

Is there something that needs to be added in the copy files pane of the standalone builder? Arte you supposed to copy MOB Gui to the engine folder? The plugin is available in the pull down menu on my mac so I think it is positioned properly as a plug in.

Dave

splash21
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Special needs for MOBGUI in IOS simulator"

Post by splash21 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:12 am

Hi, Dave. If possible, send me a test stack - I've not had any issues with the option buttons, but maybe you've found one!

J
LiveCode Development & Training : http://splash21.com

FireWorx

Post by FireWorx » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:14 pm

Thanks Splash,
So here is a stack with 4 option buttons in a group. I am trying to return the uOptionId and the uOptionText to a field called data as recommended in the documentation. The same ID and same text gets returned for each option button clicked and that is that of the default button. The tabs are highlighting correctly however both in development mode and in the IOS tester.

What cha think I'm doing wrong?
Dave
Attachments
Option Button Test.livecode.zip
(141.49 KiB) Downloaded 308 times

FireWorx

Post by FireWorx » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:04 am

Along the same lines I have been able to get the text of the selected option button on a mouse click via the on menuPick pItemName. But how do I check to see which option button is highlighted without clicking on it?

I went through the docs and there is a dozen ways to set the highlight of the buttons but no way to get the highlight of the one single button selected in the group.

Thanks Dave

bduckGAccBY

Post by bduckGAccBY » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:09 pm

Was this resolved?

I am also working with MobGUI and trying to set the selected tab to a grouped MobGUI tabset manually on openCard, and I find the referenced stack to be how I am approaching it, but there is no response showing a correct approach.

Return to “MobGUI”