Commerical Applications in RunRev

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

asawyer13

Commerical Applications in RunRev

Post by asawyer13 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:36 pm

I am brand new to RR and am wondering if there are applications on the market that utilize RR to do things like general business type of stuff.
CRM, Order Entry, Inventory, etc.
I would like to be able to see how an application like this functions and looks before delving totally into RR.
Any help would be appreciated.
Alan

xApple

Post by xApple » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:14 pm

Hello asawyer, welcome to the revolution community.
Being new you might want to check out this list of helpful resources marielle compiled a while ago.
http://forums.runrev.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=540
You will be able to get first pointers and see how other people make their applications. I don't precisely about the things you are asking for but things like that are bound to have been programmed already. The way they look of course all depends on how you program the interface, revolution has few limits on that account.

Cheers.

kpeters

Post by kpeters » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:29 pm

Alan ~

yes, it can be done - though you may have a hard time finding any examples out on the net.

I am currently writing a patient management system for one of my clients
and the biggest obstacle I have encountered is the poor database component support.

Coming from Delphi myself, there are no smart database grids etc. - so you'll have to code a lot in that area. Other than that, I have found that Revolution is quite usable for such purposes. Definitely my favourite on Mac OS X - but I prefer Delphi on Windows.

Kai

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by FourthWorld » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:55 am

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”