how do you move a card or reorder a stack?

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

derek

how do you move a card or reorder a stack?

Post by derek » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:29 pm

I could find nothing in the documentation, the forum, nor online searches for how to move a card to a different position in a stack. I'm currently working on creating a quiz, by modifying Revolution's Multiple Choice Questionanaire from the Sample Projects.

If I create a quiz question as the second card in the stack, and later decide that I want it to be the fourth question/card, I haven't found an obvious way to move the card to the desired position. I eventually discovered that opening the card inspector, and changing the value in the "number" field will accomplish what I want, although the Application Browser doesn't reflect the change until it is closed and then reopened.

Is this the best way to move a card? Are there any side effects? Moving a card is a very common need for me. I would think that others would have the same need, but the lack of any documentation has me wondering. I searched on move, reorder, rearrange, reorganize, and various other terms without success.

Derek
Derek Roff
Language Learning Center
University of New Mexico

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by FourthWorld » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:25 pm

You can change the card's number:

set the number of this cd to 4

xApple

Post by xApple » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:56 am

The card inspector also gives you an easy GUI way to change the card's position. Just press the little arrows next to the field indicating the card's number.

derek

Post by derek » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:03 pm

Thanks for your help. I am glad to learn how to handle details like this.

Derek
Derek Roff
Language Learning Center
University of New Mexico

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”