Revolution Enterprise?

Want to talk about something that isn't covered by another category?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

pevensen

Revolution Enterprise?

Post by pevensen » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:13 pm

I love the new website, but in looking at it, Enterprise seems to be absent. Is Enterprise just being considered a "version" of Studio?

The main page barely mentions Enterprise, and there is no menu item on the left for a page on Enterprise.

If you go to the store, you have to click All Products and go through the ugly list to even find Enterprise.

I realize that functionally Enterprise is combination of Studio options, but not listing it would seem to a) discourage the purchase of an Enterpise license and b) give the impression that the Enterprise license is being discontinued.

Is the Enterprise license being discontinued? If not, I would suggest that be listed more prominently. To link it with Studio, and keep the main page simpler, perhaps the main page should be modified to have the following on the right-hand box:

Revolution Studio and Enterprise 2.0:
develop it
from $299

What do you all think?
Peter Evensen
[url]http://www.PetersRoadtoHealth.com[/url]

marielle
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by marielle » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:32 pm

I agree some topic on "building professional applications with runrev" could be added. There is a revSelect topic... but that's only for the ones that are part of that select club (and entreprise users are not automatically made so).

It would be good to have a place to discuss isses of pricing, distribution, installers, licensing, etc.

I was similarly wondering whether the "improve" list would be moved here. Though my own understanding is that a mailing list is more appropriate for the discussions that take place there. Most emails on the improve list are of a very transient nature.

heatherlaine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Revolution Enterprise

Post by heatherlaine » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:49 am

The improve list will remain as it is, a closed email based list for Enterprise license holders only. Its a low traffic list and we feel the current format is most appropriate for it.

Lynn

Post by Lynn » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:21 pm

marielle wrote:I agree some topic on "building professional applications with runrev" could be added. There is a revSelect topic... but that's only for the ones that are part of that select club (and entreprise users are not automatically made so).

It would be good to have a place to discuss isses of pricing, distribution, installers, licensing, etc.

I was similarly wondering whether the "improve" list would be moved here. Though my own understanding is that a mailing list is more appropriate for the discussions that take place there. Most emails on the improve list are of a very transient nature.
I think the Marketing Your Products forum might be good for that - a sort of collective "this is the biz" forum.
Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Paradigma Software - Ultra Fast Database & Reporting Platform for LiveCode
http://www.paradigmasoft.com

marielle

Post by marielle » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:26 pm

Lynn wrote:I think the Marketing Your Products forum might be good for that - a sort of collective "this is the biz" forum.
It may be a confusion of mine but I was under the impression revSelect was private access when I tried on the opening day. Good on you to have opened it up. :)

Return to “Off-Topic”