Wndows 10 desktop issue

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

dr_mumps

Wndows 10 desktop issue

Post by dr_mumps » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:01 pm

Why do I get all the weird issues??? While attempting to resolve a compile issue (see: "Standalone compile never leaves closing open stacks" in this forum), I've found that all versions of LC (from 8.1.10 to 9.6.1) COMPLETELY take over my desktop on Windows 10 pro 64 bit platforms and set the background to the grey-ish color seen in the screen shot "win10 with LC active livecode desktop" below ... preventing me from seeing/interacting with any of my other desktop icons unless/until I MINIMIZE the LC main tool bar ... see the attached screen shots. ... and then, of course, I cannot interact with LC!

I have verified this occurs ONLY on Windows 10 pro 64 bit on a variety of different hardware platforms with a variety of different display cards and monitors. Windows 7 64bit Enterprise works perfectly.

I REALLY don't like Windows 10 at all but ... what choice do I have? This is likely a Windows 10 setting... but NO OTHER installed program does this "desktop takeover" ... and, no, there are points, when LC is active, that allow me to adjust/shrink the size or even "access" the background... there are no 3 button screen adjustments or cursor pointer icon changes anywhere on the background except the ones on the LC main tool bar upper right-hand corner itself.

Please help if you can.

win7 with LC active desktop
win7 with LC active desktop.png

win10 with LC minimized desktop
win10 with LC minimized desktop.png

win10 with LC active livecode desktop
win10 with LC active livecode.png

Klaus

Re: Wndows 10 desktop issue

Post by Klaus » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:44 pm

Hi dr_mumps,

please check in LC menu -> View if BACKDROP has been checked.
If yes, uncheck and be happy (more or less) :-)

Best

Klaus

dr_mumps

Post by dr_mumps » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:07 pm

Thanks very much ... questionable feature ... I wish all my problems were THIS easy. Why one default for Windows 7 and another for Windows 10? ... Whatever... thanks again!

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:26 pm

So that was it? Okie Dokie! :-)

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”