Vanished Test

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

egolombek

Vanished Test

Post by egolombek » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:58 pm

So, a few months ago, I remember I went through a painful, but ultimately successful process to allow me to test Android apps on my Samsung A50. I left Android things for a few months, and came back to a project today. Suddenly, testing does not work. I decided to update Android Studio and redownload drivers and this had let to Livecode not even recognizing a device is connected. I checked that I am still in Developer mode on my phone -- I am. I have no ideas on one to try next. Any help would certainly be appreciated.

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Vanished Test

Post by jacque » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:31 pm

Check that the path to the SDK folder is correct in Mobile preferences. Then quit LC and cable the phone to the computer. If the phone asks for permission to allow debugging on this computer, agree. Once the phone is in debug mode you should see a bug icon in the status bar. Then relaunch LC.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

SparkOut

Post by SparkOut » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:44 pm

When you updated the Android SDK did you leave the checkbox ticked to "remove obsolete" versions? It may be that you have updated too hard and it has removed some files that are dependencies for LiveCode Android deployments. Also I think newer versions of the SDK might leave out some command line tools needed for LiveCode Android builds. I can't look up details now, but some searches might turn up info. If that is anything to do with the problem, and if I have even remembered, and not just invented something in my head...

egolombek

Post by egolombek » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:22 pm

Thank you for your ideas. Indeed you inspired me to go back to Android Studio, update (obsolete) packages. For whatever reason this solved the problem. :D

Return to “Android Deployment”