Browser Widget Problems on macOS

Deploying to Mac OS? Ask Mac OS specific questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

kroka

Browser Widget Problems on macOS

Post by kroka » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:41 pm

Hello,

I'm having some strange problems with the browser widget on Mac.

Basically I set up a browser which should be invisible, because I only need it to log in hidden and parse some data I get from a certain website.It's all working well, but one very strange thing remains. As soon as I set the URL in the browser widget, it resizes the whole stack to maximum screen size. This happens even when the browser widget is hidden. The only workaround I found was resizing the stack size to normal after setting the URL of the widget, but it takes a few seconds before the resize happens and that's not really a solution.

This happens probably because the web browser (Safari) is automatically set to max size by some javascript, but this shouldn't affect the stack size in LiveCode - especially when the browser widget is hidden?

This strange resizing is not happening in Windows, only on macOS.

Does anybody have similar experience or an idea for a workaround? Can I prevent these Javascript commands from being carried out?

It's easy to reproduce: Just open a new stack, drag a browser widget into it and set the URL to "https://ecrew.airberlin.com".

I appreciate any hint.

Kroka
"irgendwas is immer"

Klaus

Re: Browser Widget Problems on macOS

Post by Klaus » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Hi Korka,

confirmed in LC 8.1.1, I consider this a bug, please report it here as soon as possible, thanks!
http://quality.livecode.com

Best

Klaus

kroka

Re: Browser Widget Problems on macOS

Post by kroka » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:57 pm

Ok, bug is reported, confirmed and under investigation.

Kroka
"irgendwas is immer"

Return to “Mac OS”