AndroidManifest.xml

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

rblackmore245

AndroidManifest.xml

Post by rblackmore245 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:04 am

I have been trying to place a entry into the android manifest file as I have a MDM that requires the app to have a <application android:name="App name", but when this entry is inserted the app crashes on every device I have tried to run it on.

Is there no way around this as this ? as this seems a standard requirement for most MDM's as I am aware

The app will only run if I change the AndroidManifest.xml file to take out the <application android:name="App name".

rblackmore245

Re: AndroidManifest.xml

Post by rblackmore245 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:05 am

Any one have any ideas on this ? ... holding back the project due to a simple add of a required <application android:name=""

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by jacque » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:51 pm

Theoretically you should be able to create your own manifest, add it to the Copy Files pane in Standalone Settings, and the standalone builder will use it instead of its default one. I haven't tried it for a long time, but when I did I couldn't get it to work. However, there have been some updates since then and if you are using LC 7.1 or higher it may work now. I'd like to know, so would appreciate if you could post your results here.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

rblackmore245

Post by rblackmore245 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:22 am

I am able to generate a APK with extra entries in the manifest but when I attempt to run the App on any device it just crashes as soon as its opened :o(

See attached image I get this when I add:

<application android:name="myappname" I have been told I need to add a application name manifested in both the application and the activity anyone have any what they would mean by this ?

Anyone know how I can add the application android:name to the app without causing it to crash :o/
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-01-10-10-38-16.png

Return to “Android Deployment”