Help!

Deploying to Mac OS? Ask Mac OS specific questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

MattLittler

Help!

Post by MattLittler » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:35 pm

Hi There,
I'm using LC 8 community edition on Mac OS 10.10.5 on a pretty new (18 month old) Macbook Pro Retina, and frequently get random crashes (every 2 days or so).

Normally I'm in a pretty good habit of saving every few minutes... but today I forgot. Of course, I made some breakthroughs on the app that I'm programming, and of course LC freezes (not even after editing the script).

So... I can most likely remember most of what I did, but to save me a day... are there any temporary files that I could scavenge my code from?
Thanks
Matt

bn
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Help!

Post by bn » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:57 pm

Hi Matt,

I am afraid there is no temporary file. LC only creates a temporary file while saving in case something goes worng.

There is however a plugin in the Development Menus -> Plugins -> revSmartSave. You might have a look at that and see if it is of use to you in the future.

Or the old fashioned way: save often as you already do, especially if you are working with Developer Preview versions which all LC 8 versions currently are.

Kind regards
Bernd

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:02 pm

Hi Matt,

1. welcome to the forum!
2. What Bernd said! LC 8 is still an early developer preview and should be handled with care.
Did you try LC 7.1.1 RC4? That's pretty stable!
3. Your thread-title definitively sucks! :D

Best

Klaus

quailcreek

Post by quailcreek » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:36 am

What Klaus meant to say is that it's always a good idea to give your post a meaningful title. That way when others search for answers your post will make more sense.
Tom
MacBook Pro OS Mojave 10.14

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:44 pm

quailcreek wrote:What Klaus meant to say is that it's always a good idea to give your post a meaningful title. That way when others search for answers your post will make more sense.
Erm... yes, exactly! :D

MattLittler

Post by MattLittler » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:37 am

Ha! Yes, I take your point, and thanks for the help; that little plugin is a lifesaver! Wish it were on by default.

Return to “Mac OS”