QuickTime Player controls not working

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Bill Pittman

QuickTime Player controls not working

Post by Bill Pittman » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:09 am

Greetings,

I'm using the QT Player control for the first time (2.7.2 - Mac), and have encountered something I haven't been able to resolve. I'm using the control just for audio, and while I can get an audio file to play, I can't get the player controls to respond (default settings). I have deleted/added players many times, but the controls won't work in this stack. However, if I create a new stack and drop in a player, the controls work. If I copy the working player and paste it into the first stack, it no longer works. I added a lot more functionality to the original stack before I realized there was a problem with the player, so I don't want to recreate the stack if I don't have to. If anyone can shed some light on this for me, I would be grateful.

Thanks,
Bill Pittman

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:45 pm

Hi Bill,

is it possible that you eventually checked the players "alwaysbuffer" in the inspector? (First checkbox on the left under "Tooltip" in the "Basic properties")

That will make the QT contoller unusable.

Regards

Klaus

Bill Pittman

Post by Bill Pittman » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:03 pm

Hi Klaus,

I tried that setting many times too. I pretty much clicked everything on and off multiple times to see if anything affected the control. Nothing so far.

Thanks for the suggestion.
-Bill

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”