livecode application use to work now it does not work

Deploying to Windows? Utilizing VB Script execution? This is the place to ask Windows-specific questions.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

jared-l

livecode application use to work now it does not work

Post by jared-l » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:37 pm

when I open livecode it shuts down when I move my mouse over it in any direction I also can not edit my live code files because the tabs don't appear. I have tried uninstalling and installing,uninstalling restarting installing, looking for hidden files deleting them uninstalling restarting installing, plenty more of stuff like that but the problem is still there. If I close the program before it force quits I found that the startup image/program thing is showing, "setting-up preferences" and I have to go to task manager to force it to stop. I am using windows 8.1 I would like some help please :D

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: livecode application use to work now it does not work

Post by FourthWorld » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:00 pm

Which version of LiveCode are you using?
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

jared-l

Post by jared-l » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:08 am

live code 7

jared-l

Post by jared-l » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:41 pm

it's been solved! The hidden file for preferences that was messing with the start-up was cleared. Before me and my teacher tried deleting the whole package and hidden files but now we just deleted the hidden fill not the whole app, the approximate file location was C:\Users\*********\AppData ***=user name. hope this will help people with the same problem.thank you for replying Fourth World! :D

Return to “Windows”