Summer school version

Moderators: LCNeil, heatherlaine, kevinmiller, elanorb

Lars Jorgensen

Summer school version

Post by Lars Jorgensen » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:16 am

Hi, hope you can help me. I have some difficulties to replicate the summer school app as I am not running the same LiveCode and MobGui versions as being used during the lessons.

Could you please list the versions of LiveCode, MobGui and Xcode that I should use?
My Installation is:
Mac OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)
LiveCode: 6.6
MobGui: MobGUI-20140116
xcode: 5.1.1
IOS simulator: 7.1.1

I have two other questions related to mobGui.
1) When I drag a e.g. mobGui Button onto a card and open the Code I do not see the event: on touchStart but only the mouseDown event. Has mobGui been changed radically between the version used for the lessons and the current version?
2) In the lessons I can see that a stack called mobGuiLib is created as substack when mobGui is used. I do not see a substack in my project viewer but I see a Card called MobGui. Does the auto created card: "mobGui" replaces the purpose of the substack?

Regards, Lars

sefrojones
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Summer school version

Post by sefrojones » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:56 pm

Hello Lars,

I'm just another student, but I think I have the answers you're looking for.

1. Yes, the new MobGUI is different from the version used in the videos, and is kind of confusing. I seem to remember Elanorb posted a short video explaining the differences. What has been working for me is to use the old 0.29 version while doing the lessons in the class, while using the newer version on my own projects. This approach seems to be working for me. You can download the older version (v0.29)from the livecode store.

2.It seems that the new MobGUI does copy a MobGui card into your stack as opposed to being a sub-stack.

Hope this answers some of your questions!

--Sefro

Lars Jorgensen

Re: Summer school version

Post by Lars Jorgensen » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:04 am

Hello Sefro, thanks a lot for your reply. You solved my problem. I now see the mobGui used in the lesson. And also good to know that the versions 0.29 and 1.24 are adding code to the Stack in different ways.

Regards, Lars

Return to “idea2app and Coding School”