Getting started with Java bindings

LiveCode Builder is a language for extending LiveCode's capabilities, creating new object types as Widgets, and libraries that access lower-level APIs in OSes, applications, and DLLs.

Moderators: LCMark, LCfraser

julianmoors

Re: Getting started with Java bindings

Post by julianmoors » Sun May 30, 2021 11:23 am

Hi Kim,

I can relate to the LCB + FFI complexity. It's hard to find any meaningful documentation that explains the JNI using LCB aside from the code that's in the LiveCode codebase on Github.

I didn't think about using the Android emulator and after adding the Android SDK platform tools to my path I can now use the ADB to install the .apk from the project's build directory (a little better, but as you stated incredibly slow).

I'd like to use the JNI to access the camera as LiveCode Community currently doesn't allow that and I see no reason why I couldn't access it directly using the Android API. I prefer to tackle the toughest problems first and then I know that I can just build out the rest of the app.

Thank you and good luck with your future endeavours.

Regards,
Julian

PaulDaMacMan

Re: Getting started with Java bindings

Post by PaulDaMacMan » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:49 am

Now days LC can build an apk with an X86 Android engine, so you could probably run Android X86 in a Virtual Machine (or actually boot into AndroidX86 on your PC) and Android "Native" test it there.
My GitHub Repos: https://github.com/PaulMcClernan/
Related YouTube Videos: PlayList

Return to “LiveCode Builder”