CalendarEvents Library

LiveCode Builder is a language for extending LiveCode's capabilities, creating new object types as Widgets, and libraries that access lower-level APIs in OSes, applications, and DLLs.

Moderators: LCMark, LCfraser

Simon Knight

CalendarEvents Library

Post by Simon Knight » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:46 pm

Hi,

I have just added my code to what I believe is called a github repro. I have no idea how to use Github so something else to learn!

https://github.com/Skids-1/CalendarEvents-Reader

At the moment it only works on MacOS as it does not seem possible to give any app that uses it authorisation to access the calaendar on iOS. I believe that this is because the library uses a depreciated method to initialise the EventStore object. I know what it should use but I have not learnt how to wrap the Block portion of the foreign method call ( as described in other posts to this forum ).
best wishes
Skids

PaulDaMacMan

Re: CalendarEvents Library

Post by PaulDaMacMan » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:31 am

Cool, looks like you're off to a real good start with LiveCode Builder! The more people tinkering with it, and sharing their work/examples, the better!

I started using Git (and MarkUp) so that I could help edit LiveCode's docs, then to host my LCB projects. It's not too hard to get the hang of. I haven't use the command line version much, I mostly do everything from Git's web interface. FTR they're called "repo" (short for repository), not repRo :)

Thanks for sharing,
Cheers!
My GitHub Repos: https://github.com/PaulMcClernan/
Related YouTube Videos: PlayList

Simon Knight

Re: CalendarEvents Library

Post by Simon Knight » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:48 am

repro - repo Doh! Ooops!!!

As to LCB, it is a challenge but great when the data eventually flows across. I agree that the community needs more users. The whole business of dealing in terms ofObject IDs and Objects is quite alien to me and I guess other users of Livecode Script. As a tyro user of LCB I think some input from Edinburgh would be a great help but I can understand that they are busy with many other things.

The thing is that once I made a few discoveries, well once Trevor pointed me to some of his code, much of the coding is just repeating other code with different variables. For example how arrays of objects have to be processed. I have half promised Heather that I will write about "what I wished I knew when I started experimenting with LCB" for publication on the web site, I guess it could be step three following on from the two Hello World tutorials by Elanor.

So much to do.....
best wishes
Skids

Return to “LiveCode Builder”