What to do with a potentially useful extension ?

LiveCode Builder is a language for extending LiveCode's capabilities, creating new object types as Widgets, and libraries that access lower-level APIs in OSes, applications, and DLLs.

Moderators: LCMark, LCfraser

Simon Knight

What to do with a potentially useful extension ?

Post by Simon Knight » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:00 pm

Hi,

After a week and half of pulling my hair out while banging my head against a wall I have had some success. I have created a library that enables livecode to read calendar events returning a number of them in an array. Now I am wondering if and how I can offer it for use. I have looked at the "extensions store" and found four widgets, FOUR! What ever happened to the thousand by Christmas 2016?

So is there an accepted method of getting an extension reviewed or approved? Is there another site where the thousands of widgets are lurking? Any Apple Mac users fancy some beta testing and or code review?
best wishes
Skids

PaulDaMacMan

Re: What to do with a potentially useful extension ?

Post by PaulDaMacMan » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:20 am

The extension store still doesn't appear to be ready for prime time, years after it's introduction. That tabbed panel has changed a bit over that time, it looks like they're going to combine the example stacks into that window too, eventually.
I've been waiting for it too, I have a few LCB extensions I'd like for people in the LC Community to more easily be able to find who might find them useful. For now I've just been pointing people to my GitHub repos.
https://github.com/PaulMcClernan/
My GitHub Repos: https://github.com/PaulMcClernan/
Related YouTube Videos: PlayList

Simon Knight

Re: What to do with a potentially useful extension ?

Post by Simon Knight » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:22 am

I wrote to Heather and she suggested the same as well as posting to this forum and the livecode lists. I was surprised to see that the extension store only has four widgets in it, unless I'm missing some on my computer. Hardly the "thousand by Christmas" (2016).
best wishes
Skids

Return to “LiveCode Builder”