Extensions Store

LiveCode Builder is a language for extending LiveCode's capabilities, creating new object types as Widgets, and libraries that access lower-level APIs in OSes, applications, and DLLs.

Moderators: LCMark, LCfraser

Mikey
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Extensions Store

Post by Mikey » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:28 pm

1) Extensions Store very slow. Right now, for instance, I've been sitting here for 10 minutes waiting for it to come up. Maybe I just killed it. BAM! MIKEY SLAY EXTENSION STORE!
2) There is no indication that I have already installed something
3) I see that a couple of the extensions changed names between a1 and a2. It would be good to track those sort of things to reduce confusion (the icons aren't good enough to do that, especially once button and clock extensions start jumping up)
4) We're gonna need better organization, or we're gonna drown.
5) There's some issue with widgets getting lost in the list. If I start a download, then switch back to the store so I can download more, then back to the widget list, not all of the widgets are listed. Quitting LC and relaunching makes them show up, again.
6) We're gonna need an easier way to access widget/library documentation. Right-clicking on the widget in the toolbox would be nice...
7) I don't seem to be able to create a developer id, after I finally get into ng. The "Submit" button is disabled. Someone doesn't want me to reserve "mikey", or "benIAmYourFather", apparently. Hell, I can't even register "soWhatIfOrcsAreBetterLovers", or "kevinMillersLoveChild". What? Doesn't anyone trust me not to make "dieManUDie", while you're at the pub?

benjibeaumont
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: Extensions Store

Post by benjibeaumont » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:33 pm

Hi Mikey,

1) We had an issue with our server yesterday/start of today. We think it was now been resolved. However, we are aware of a few cases for optimisation which the web team will be implementing over the coming weeks.
2) We'll look into this.
3) I'll discuss this with the team and see if we can think of a way of providing a paper trail. In the case of A1 to A2, we actually wiped the database between releases and re uploaded everything as new widgets, which explains the lack of history.
4) Agreed, the tools palette is very much an alpha. We're contemplating groups and allowing developers to control the layout, ordering and grouping.
5) Ok, sounds like there are a few issues with the installation flow there. I'll have a play and see if I can recreate the issue.
6) Great suggestion. Added as a feature request: http://quality.runrev.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14511
7) I think this is due to the server issues.. can you create your id now?

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

Warm regards,

Ben
Ben Beaumont | Runtime Revolution

Mikey

Post by Mikey » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:55 pm

On #7, yes, I was able to create my developer id. It would be a nice visual cue if the "Submit" button undimmed after I met the requirement for a developer id. After I entered mine, the button stayed dimmed, and only became lit after I moused over it.

benjibeaumont
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by benjibeaumont » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:01 pm

Thanks Mikey,

I created a bug report here which will get picked up by the web team.

http://quality.runrev.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14513

Warm regards,

Ben
Ben Beaumont | Runtime Revolution

hliljegren

Post by hliljegren » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:55 pm

Sorry for hijacking an old thread, but I have the same issues, and have had for some time. The extension store never opens in LC8.0dp2. (It has been "Loading..." for well over 20 min now. If I try to register for a developer id nothing happens...

Is this just me or?

Return to “LiveCode Builder”