New plugin stack available in rev online for graphic effects

Anything beyond the basics in using the LiveCode language. Share your handlers, functions and magic here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

gmccarthy

New plugin stack available in rev online for graphic effects

Post by gmccarthy » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:39 am

I have just added a plugin stack to revonline called "Properties2"

This stack is a new version (2) of the previous Properties stack.
It should be placed in your plugins folder within your Revolution folder.

It is designed to speed the copying of button and field colors and graphic effects from one object to many others, as well as some other commonly used properties (blends, borders, sizes, text properies).

Use tootips "?" (icon on right of screen) to discover the shortcuts.

It now has the ability to store 360 different button or field colors and 405 different button or field graphic effect combinations.

I includes controls for the new Graphic effects for Rev4. Keep in mind that Graphic effects are not yet settled for Rev4. Rev 4.00dp4 states that the features should be considered in a pre-release state and are subject to change and improvement. In particular the object properties are not final. So please don't use graphic effects on anything but test stacks till rev4 is released and I release a version of this stack that takes into account the settled graphic effects.

The stack is not locked so you can alter it as you like to suit your purposes. There is still room for improvement. I am interested in what other people would find useful in scuh a tool. Please offer any comments here.
gmcrev

bn
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by bn » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:04 pm

Gerard,

this is a very helpful plugin, it makes the new properties a lot more manageable then fumbling around with the Graphic Effects in the inspector since one sees right away what colors are available and the preset combinations make it a lot easier to have a decent color scheme.

Some things don't work for me quite yet. If I select an image and press getBorders it throws an error because it queries properties an image apparently does not have, (AutoHilite, Traversalon and HiliteBorder) in the default settings. if tDostring is not empty then do tDostring in the getBorderProps handler.

A lot of work and beautifully done.
Thank you

regards
Bernd

gmccarthy

Properties plugin

Post by gmccarthy » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:49 am

Bernd
Thanks.
I've got a fix for this as well as a bug in the loc controls, and some other additions in the next update, coming in the next day or so.
gmcrev

mwieder

Post by mwieder » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:13 pm

Gerard-

Looking forward to the update. In the meantime, could I get you to add the following handler to the "Total" button of your "gmcColors" stack:

Code: Select all

on mouseUp
  set the dialogdata to the backcolor of me
  close this stack
end mouseUp
That would allow it to return the selected color when used as a modal dialog. I can obviously do this to my own copy (and have), but this way other people can use it as well. I've got some stuff in mind and this would come in very handy.

gmccarthy

Post by gmccarthy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:54 am

How about if I add "if the style of this stack is modal then"

on mouseUp
   if the style of this stack is modal then
      close this stack
   end if
end mouseUp 
Just added version 2.1 to RevOnline. It includes the code above in the Total field and button.

There is one bug that I know of at the moment in the relayer forwards control that occurs if the top 2 layers are groups-their layers are swapped.

Let me know how it goes.
gmcrev

mwieder

Post by mwieder » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:09 am

Sure - that'll work, but I think setting the dialogdata won't have an effect if it's not a modal stack anyway. Thanks.

gmccarthy

Post by gmccarthy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:58 am

The dialogdata is global. And can be used even if the stack is not modal, at least until another use of dialogdata occurs, such as in some rev idalogs.
But this wasn't what I was worried about.

The "close this stack" was the key line I wanted restrict to the "if ...modal".

I plan to put the following in the next version coming soon.
This allows you to get all the colors instead of just the backcolor by modified clicking.

on mouseUp pMousebtn
   if the optionkey is down or the shiftkey is down or pMousebtn is not 1 then
      set the dialogdata to the colors of me
   else
   end if
   if the style of this stack is modal then
      close this stack
   end if
end mouseUp 
Any other ideas, let me know, and I'll see what I can do.
gmcrev

bn

Post by bn » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:18 pm

Gerard,
thanks for the new version.

on little thing: in the handler command SelectAllImgs it should read
set the selected of img rImg of tStack to true
instead of
set the selected of btn rImg of tStack to true

regards
Bernd

gmccarthy

Post by gmccarthy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:40 pm

I just uploaded Properties2 version 2.2 to RevOnline.

This includes the script correction for img selection from Bernd, as well as improvements to the text, selection and layering controls and resizing of the palette to convenient sizes using the GraphicEffects and OnlyColors checkboxes.

By the way, the layering controls are set up so that objects selected within groups will be moved with the whole of the outermost group.
ie. select a button within group1 within groupB. The layering controls currently treat this as if groupB was selected for changing its layer.

If you have any other suggestions, no matter how minor, pease let me know, and I'll see what I can do for any future versions.
gmcrev

gmccarthy

RE: New plugin stack available in rev online for graphic eff

Post by gmccarthy » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:24 am

I just uploaded Properties2 version 2.3 to RevOnline.

This stack is a new version (2.3 Oct4 2009) of the Properties2 stack.
It should be placed in your plugins folder within your Revolution folder.

Remember:
It includes controls for the new Graphic effects for Rev4. Keep in mind that Graphic effects are not yet settled for Rev4. Rev 4.00dp4 states that the features should be considered in a pre-release state and are subject to change and improvement. In particular the object properties are not final. So please don't use graphic effects on anything but test stacks till rev4 is released and I release a version of this stack that takes into account the settled graphic effects.

It is designed to speed the copying of object properties, including colors and graphic effects, from one object to many others.

Main Version History changes
v2.3
Added ability to copy properties in general from object to object with some choice for some specific properties.
Added ability of Brightness,Hue,Saturation,Value buttons to make changes to selected objects directly
Added to Distribute pop up choices
Added Hex color readout field and recognition of hex numbers and color names in colors of selected objects,
including default objects from the rev tools palette which effectively give "white" and "Black" as some defaults
DUE to bug in RR4.00dp4 can't store array of color names and rgbs as a custom property so stored as individual custom properties instead
gmcrev

Return to “Talking LiveCode”