Very weird LC display

Anything beyond the basics in using the LiveCode language. Share your handlers, functions and magic here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

dunbarx
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Very weird LC display

Post by dunbarx » Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:23 pm

I build standalones from a splash stack that includes a mainStack. For years, as I build ever more upgraded standalone versions, I have always seen a short and sudden appearance of the mainStack. It comes and it goes quickly, The build works fine, always has.

Ever since I upgraded from v, 9.6.1 to 9.6.6, oftentimes during the process of building, I get a continuous series of appearances of that mainStack, about two per second for perhaps a dozen seconds. This series will go away for a bit, and then repeat once more. Along with these appearances are either one or two blank gray rectangles. similar to one that might be built from a graphic, that lie solid and stable in front of the stack parade.

These all go away when the build process is done, and the standalone works just fine. Nevertheless, I always quit LC and rebuild in a new session. The wierdness never happens right after a new session is started.

Anyone know what I am talking about? MAC OS 10.15.7. LC 9.6.6.

Craig

Klaus

Re: Very weird LC display

Post by Klaus » Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:27 pm

Hi Craig,
dunbarx wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:23 pm
Nevertheless, I always quit LC and rebuild in a new session. The wierdness never happens right after a new session is started.
maybe this has to do with my current annoyance: https://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=23606
So restarting LC is a must before creating a new runtime from the same stack, at least for me.

Best

Klaus

dunbarx

Post by dunbarx » Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:47 pm

Klaus.

Maybe. I read your report and Mark's reply.

The next time it happens, I will try to take a screenshot. It seems odd to me to do this while the fireworks are going on inside LC, but I assume that I can do that from the finder.

Craig

jacque

Post by jacque » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:38 pm

Craig, please add to Klaus' bug report. I've been having a similar issue with build behavior, though the details are different, and I think your experience and mine are related to the problem Klaus reported.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Return to “Talking LiveCode”