Black Friday deals, web apps...

Anything beyond the basics in using the LiveCode language. Share your handlers, functions and magic here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

stam

Black Friday deals, web apps...

Post by stam » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:14 pm

Hi all,

i just noticed on the website (which i only accidentally visited) that black friday deals are available. I must say they are very tempting (well, more than the normal price for sure!).

Does the 'all in' deal include the 'pro' features?

If i read correctly, purchasing at this lower price will mean that the annual subscription(s) will always be at this lower price, can someone confirm?

On a less important note, I was wondering if I'm the only one that was in the dark about this (no email received, although I did get an email from Heather about deferring the online conference thingy).

Related to this: the move to webAssembly linked with the black Friday deals seems very interesting.
But i'll admit i'm in the dark about how to use this. Presumably this would require hosting on a server? with livecode server installed? Would providers such as hostm be able to run these as is? or would i need to purchase new version of server to run on the remote host?

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Black Friday deals, web apps...

Post by jacque » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:48 pm

If it's like the current html implementation, it isn't server-depemdent at all, it should run on any web site. Someone else should verify though.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

bn

Re: Black Friday deals, web apps...

Post by bn » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:06 pm

HI Stam,

I tested WebAssembly from 10.0.0 dp1 on my server and it worked without anything special.
I am on "on-rev" but I do not think that makes any difference to any other web hosting. No configuration or scripts necessary.

In comparison to the previous version of HTML deployment it had the advantage that after loading for the first time on subsequent launches it was launched from what seems to be a local copy on the device with immediate launch. The older version was reloaded every time.
As far as performance is concerned I did not notice a big difference but that could be just the stack I tested which is exclusively animation of objects. Other noted a performance increase for their apps.

I think that once finished HTML-deployment via LC 10.0.0. will be a viable way to deploy your apps.

If you want to have a look at the silly animation:
http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/steamW ... gress.html

Kind regards
Bernd

Return to “Talking LiveCode”