Levure build issues

Anything beyond the basics in using the LiveCode language. Share your handlers, functions and magic here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

bhall2001

Levure build issues

Post by bhall2001 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:52 am

I am trying to build a Livecode app (levure based) that I haven't tried to build in a couple of years into a standalone. Of course I'm having all kinds of issues. Mac OS v11.4 beta, Livecode v9.6.2, levure v0.9.5

I load only the standalone stack and open message box and run:
levureBuildStandalonesForTesting

results in the following:
Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 6.42.30 AM.png
If I try to build a "beta" version of the standalone, I get this error:
Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 6.50.14 AM.png
I'm sure I'm missing something simple. Can anyone steer me in a direction with either error?

Thanks,
Bob H.
Manchester, NH

Bernard

Re: Levure build issues

Post by Bernard » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:38 am

Hi Bob

I'm a huge admirer of the ideas Trevor has. I did once look at Levure and came across a bug in the code immediately. And that's not because I'm even half as smart as Trevor. The bug made itself manifest because Levure's code is written outside of LC's IDE so a syntax/spelling bug can exist that would normally be caught by the IDE (IMO even the IDE is not rigorous enough in this regard).

I don't recognize that "can't find file" text as LC text. Can you search within the Levure code for that exact phrase. If you find it but can't work out what's missing, find some way to debug the code (maybe paste it into a stack then run it in the IDE) and trace through the code.

HTH. For all that, I do plan to start using Levure. But at the moment that's the best I can offer.

Return to “Talking LiveCode”