I can't see the bottom area of the script editor.

Anything beyond the basics in using the LiveCode language. Share your handlers, functions and magic here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Fermin

I can't see the bottom area of the script editor.

Post by Fermin » Thu May 13, 2021 7:33 pm

I've been messing around with the script windows and I've done something wrong because I can no longer see the bottom of the script editor. Neither the last two or three lines of code nor the "find" button nor the "Errors, Variables, Documentation etc." tabs.
I have turned the computer (iMAc) off and on, tried earlier versions of LiveCode (currently using 9.0.0) but it doesn't fix it.
Any suggestions please?

SparkOut

Re: I can't see the bottom area of the script editor.

Post by SparkOut » Thu May 13, 2021 7:38 pm

There should be a draggable divider between the panes of the SE. If you hover the mouse down near the bottom edge of the window, you should get the double-headed arrow cursor to resize the panes, which you can drag upwards to show the bottom pane again. Hopefully.

Fermin

Post by Fermin » Thu May 13, 2021 7:47 pm

Thanks, SparkOut. I already know that draggable divider, I use it frequently but it is not the error, I just saw a post reporting the same problem.
viewtopic.php?t=31901
Have been advised to delete the preferences but I'm a bit scared, I'll wait for some other suggestion or try other options. :)

Fermin

Post by Fermin » Thu May 13, 2021 8:26 pm

SOLVED!... by intentionally causing an error.
I created a new stack, with a button and an instruction that tried to write something in a non-existent field and when the error was reported, the script editor window returned to its normal state.

dunbarx
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by dunbarx » Thu May 13, 2021 10:56 pm

Good work.

The SE, like the message box, always seems to be just a bit off. Kicking it is very satisfying.

Craig

AxWald

Post by AxWald » Fri May 14, 2021 9:16 am

Hi,
Fermin wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 7:47 pm
Have been advised to delete the preferences but I'm a bit scared, I'll wait for some other suggestion or try other options. :)
Deleting the prefs is no big deal. Restoring the old setting is quickly done, usually.
For some strange reasons LC seems to corrupt the prefs in quite regular intervals, since ages. And for other strange reasons the mothership doesn't regard this a shameful bug, not worth fixing. Well ...

I have a customized version of the prefs stack saved, write protected, as "_livecode.rev". Whenever my original one shows signs of strange behavior, I delete it & restore it via copy/ rename. Done in a minute. Don't forget to make it writable again.

Have fun!
All code published by me here was created with Community Editions of LC (thus is GPLv3).
If you use it in closed source projects, or for the Apple AppStore, or with XCode
you'll violate some license terms - read your relevant EULAs & Licenses!

Fermin

Post by Fermin » Fri May 14, 2021 9:57 am

Thank you very much, Craig and AxWald for your comments and suggestions.

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Fri May 14, 2021 10:17 am

I also had (a similar?) problem that the RESIZER button disappeared and Bernd Niggemann gave me this code snippet,
which made that namely button visible again, maybe this will help you with your problem, too.

Open ONE script editor window and enter this in the message box:

Code: Select all

set the loc of button "Resizer" of card "Main" of stack "revNewScriptEditor 1" to the loc of card main of stack "revNewScriptEditor 1"
Et voila, the script editor was usable again. :-)

Return to “Talking LiveCode”