A thousand objects on one card.

Anything beyond the basics in using the LiveCode language. Share your handlers, functions and magic here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Fermin

A thousand objects on one card.

Post by Fermin » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:02 am

Hi, I am developing an app to create calendars and I am going to need up to 18 months on one screen. Each day of the month is in a graph object and I need 42 (7 x 6) days per month. I will also need a lot of buttons and fields for different processes... in short, I estimate that there will be about 1000 objects (controls) at the same time on the same card. And, of course, including the respective code in the different scripts.
The question is: Can LC support that without problems? I say this because a couple of days ago LiveCode has been 'crashed' once, although I'm not sure why. Thank you so much.

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: A thousand objects on one card.

Post by FourthWorld » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:10 am

I put just under 6,000 controls on a card the other day. No problem beyond a slight delay with hit testing. At 1k you should be fine, depending on what each stores, of course.
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

Fermin

Re: A thousand objects on one card.

Post by Fermin » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:47 pm

Thank you, FourthWorld, you reassure me. Anyway this "concern" will be useful to me because it forces me to debug algorithms and code to alleviate the weight of the application.

Return to “Talking LiveCode”