Identifying words in camel case phrases

Anything beyond the basics in using the LiveCode language. Share your handlers, functions and magic here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

SparkOut

Re: Identifying words in camel case phrases

Post by SparkOut » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:45 am

For "got subverted" read "legitimately expanded". 8)

Simon Knight

Post by Simon Knight » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:26 am

For "got subverted" read "legitimately expanded". 8)
and nothing wrong with that!

I do so enjoy posting on this forum! (I don't get out much - but then who does at the moment?)
UTF should have been implemented at the start, and been the de facto "ASCII"
I think we were lucky to get 8 bit ascii which was a slight upgrade from five bit baudot code and I doubt my BBC Micro with its 6502 processor could have coped with UTF back in the days when 16 kbytes was a massive amount of memory.
2020-11-24-080344-Screenshot 2020-11-24 at 08.03.37.png
What I have never understood is why CSV typically uses commas and new lines to delimit data when lower value ascii offers unit separator and record separator just waiting to be used. Standard text editors would not be able to display data but spreadsheets could have used the characters as column and row delimiters on import and export and saved us a lot of pain over the years.

I have to admitting that I don't really understand XML, its seems to me to be a solution looking for a problem although at least the xml based file formats adopted by Microsoft for Word and Excel may mean the data will be readable in the future.

best wishes
S
best wishes
Skids

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by richmond62 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:52 am

Talking (err; typing) about not getting out much, my 2 BBC Micros are rotting
in my school far away from my loving caresses . . . tough doing classes online from home.

Personally the Unicode "thang" could not have come too soon, as spent far, far too much time
developing Old Church Slavonic and Galgolitic font between 1993 and 1996 to a daft homemade standard
which, along with some bitmap 'horrors', now are causing me a pain-in-the-bum trying to read
as the original fonts are on a Macintosh LC 475 in the attic of my castle in Scotland . . .
-
castle.jpeg
Richmond's Castle
castle.jpeg (10.47 KiB) Viewed 1765 times
-
and I am 'here' in the mountains of Bulgaria with the Clarisworks documents and not the faintest
of the mapping I used for the glyphs.

Nor, for that matter, even if I did have the bitmapped ones, any idea about how to convert bitmaps to truetype without
having to 'dance' across 3 or 4 Macintoshes & Operating systems of varying vintages.

Return to “Talking LiveCode”