mobilePickPhoto & Picture Quality

Anything beyond the basics in using the LiveCode language. Share your handlers, functions and magic here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

simon.schvartzman

mobilePickPhoto & Picture Quality

Post by simon.schvartzman » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:24 am

Hi all, I'm confused ( :cry: ) about how to set the resulting picture quality when taking pictures using mobilePickPhoto.

Is just a matter of setting the template image (width and height properties) before calling mobilePickPhoto or is there any other (better) way?

Just to show what I mean I'm attaching two pictures taken at about the same distance and with the same device, the first picture was taken using LC mobilePickPhoto and the second with the camera option of the WhatsApp App as can be seen the image quality is much better in the second case.
lk.jpg
mobilePickPhoto
wp.jpg
whatsapp camera
It should be pointed out that size of the files are completely different 155K vs 1.5M...

Many thanks in advance
Simon

simon.schvartzman

Re: mobilePickPhoto & Picture Quality

Post by simon.schvartzman » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:13 am

And the answer is: the quality of the picture (and hence the file size) is defined by the maxwidth and maxheight parameters of the mobilePickPhoto command.

I should have known it ...

p.s.: Since mobilePickPhoto can't be safely used on Android because it has pending to be fixed bugs (https://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=22054) (going back to more than one year) I've been forced to use cameraControlCreate instead and now I have to find out how to control de picture quality in this context. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
Simon

Return to “Talking LiveCode”