Card scripts not executing properly in standalone.

Anything beyond the basics in using the LiveCode language. Share your handlers, functions and magic here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Drachen Jager

Card scripts not executing properly in standalone.

Post by Drachen Jager » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:17 pm

I'm having several problems in the standalone card scripts that I didn't have in 2.8

1) The first card to load appears to fail to run all of the card "on opencard" scripts. These work fine once I navigate away from that card and back to it.

2) In the standalone some scripts just seem to fail, the scripts in question are using global variables which are set in the "openStack".

In both cases everything works properly in the Revolution editor it just fails in standalone mode.

Suggestions, fixes? I'm running XP 64 if it makes a difference (also tested the standalone on XP 32 and it failed there too).

Janschenkel
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Janschenkel » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:38 pm

Hi Drachen Jager,

Are you using any special features such as automated database queries?

Jan Schenkel.
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

Drachen Jager

Post by Drachen Jager » Thu May 22, 2008 5:49 pm

Nothing special. Some functions, globals and loading a font in the open stack scripts. The card it's self is pretty simple.

Janschenkel

Post by Janschenkel » Fri May 23, 2008 12:58 pm

When you're loading a font, I assume you're using the 'revFontLoad' command. There is a situation where the external (additional C-code that does the actual work - it's in revFont.dll, I think) is not yet available.

Try commenting bits from your handler until it works, then move those bits into a separate handler, and use a 'send in <time>' construct to call it after the engine has completed loading the externals.

If you're not sure where to start, paste the script here, or share the stack on RevOnline or your own website, so that we can help you.

Jan Schenkel.
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

Return to “Talking LiveCode”