The Future Value of a Full Commercial Licence

Anything beyond the basics in using the LiveCode language. Share your handlers, functions and magic here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

alexGAzLSp
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

The Future Value of a Full Commercial Licence

Post by alexGAzLSp » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:41 pm

Hi

I may be misunderstanding the communications re the open source initiative. A recent email seeking support for open source valued the full commercial licence (all platforms and 12 months updates) at $500. The store has the current pricing of $1,499 for Complete with a yearly renewal of $749. I'm on that program with a considerable credit due to previous offers. On the surface this appears to be a massive price reduction and to the disadvantage for existing licence holders. If there is credit towards the new licencing as suggested in the FAQ, will this disparity be reflected by a larger credited time?

Or perhaps I'm completely mistaken about the changes to the commercial pricing. :? Alex

Klaus

Re: The Future Value of a Full Commercial Licence

Post by Klaus » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:44 pm

Hi Alex,

I think only RunRev support will be able to answer this.
OTOH it it just too early to panic, but you surely can grab your towel already :D

Best

Klaus

jacque

Post by jacque » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:36 am

As I understand it, yes, you'll get a longer credit time toward your license. RR is generally pretty fair about this sort of thing, but if you're concerned then contacting support is the best thing to do. I hope you will pledge to Kickstarter, you'll get much more back for your pledge than just a license extension.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

alexGAzLSp

Post by alexGAzLSp » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:54 am

Hi, I have pledged and encourage all to do so, as I think the open source move is a good one. And, similarly, I see the company as fair and posted a similar comment on one of the other forums. :D

alexGAzLSp

Post by alexGAzLSp » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:03 am

I should also make the point (somewhat tongue-in-cheek) that my original comment was put on a non-hysterical basis :lol: Alex

heatherlaine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by heatherlaine » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:45 am

Yes indeed Alex, Don't Panic ;).

The new Commercial license will cost less per year to maintain. It will not include some things that are included with the current Complete license, for example the LiveCode Developer Program.

We will continue to honor all existing agreements as they stand, and if you want to convert to the new style licensing early you can apply unused portions of your existing purchase to that. Which would result in a longer license period, if you have paid in advance for a year of Complete.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Heather

PS Don't forget, we're not there yet! We still need your support to make this dream a reality:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/175 ... f-livecode

Return to “Talking LiveCode”