Background does not resize despite its geometry settings

Anything beyond the basics in using the LiveCode language. Share your handlers, functions and magic here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

rozek

Background does not resize despite its geometry settings

Post by rozek » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:56 am

Hello!

I have a strange problem with Revolution 2.8.1 (Build 472) under both WinXP and MacOSX.

I have a simple stack with a single background group consisting of a "tabbed Button" and a few other controls. Both the background and the tabbed button have their "resize" flag set and their geometry settings instruct them to resize themselves whenever the window they reside in is resized...

But...they do not resize! Upon resizing the stack window, nothing happens to the background nor to any of its controls (other controls have been instructed to reposition themselves - this does not happen as well)

Does anybody have any idea what I am missing?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Kind regards,

Andreas Rozek

Garrett

Post by Garrett » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:51 pm

Did you by chance use the "Resize" handler in your stack or on the card? If so, and you didn't pass the event on after you did something with it, then the resize is not going to happen.

Not sure of the event name actually, it might be "onResize" or something, or it could simply be just "Resize". Sorry, my old feeble mind isn't awake yet today.

Mark Smith

Post by Mark Smith » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:15 am

Garrett is right. If you have an 'on resizeStack' handler trapping the 'resizeStack' message somewhere, then you'll need to put 'pass resizeStack' at the end of that handler if the geometry manager is to get the message.

Best,

Mark

rozek

Post by rozek » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:27 am

Garrett and Mark,

thanks for your tips - unfortunately, my only event handlers are "openStack" and "onMouseUp" - nothing else. The stack is so simple, that I'm really astonished about this resize anomaly.

I even re-installed Revolution Studio on a fresh machine in order to definitely get rid of any potential plug-ins etc. (I once used GLX2).

Now, everything is clean - and does not resize :-(

Thanks anyway...I'll continue to experiment with my setup
Kind regards,

Andreas Rozek

Return to “Talking LiveCode”