AltFieldHeader Bug..any quick suggestions?

Anything beyond the basics in using the LiveCode language. Share your handlers, functions and magic here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

davec

AltFieldHeader Bug..any quick suggestions?

Post by davec » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:41 pm

Hi,

I am using the excellent AltFieldHeader to provide users with a pseudo data grid. If I resize the window which contains the table and AltFieldHeader group such that it covers the rightmost column, the title text of the rightmost column header disappears.

Any suggestions as why this happens please? I know AltFieldHeader is a free "as seen" contribution, but if anyone knows a quick fix, I would be grateful for that knowledge.

Whilst I am here..can I take this opportunity to bang on about a proper data control in Rev. Please...PLEASE!!! I keep looking at other dev environments which have this type of control.....it is very tempting to move over to another one. (Yes, Rev 2.1 IS a bit old now..but I download the latest versions just to check for this one feature and I am always disappointed to find it is still such a low priority :shock: )

Kind Regards,
Dave.

davec

Post by davec » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:03 pm

Reply to self.

I found the only workaround was to limit the width of the window containing the AltFieldHeader control so that the last column does not disappear. This works fine - obvious really. :D

ps Had a look at Beta 2.9 and whilst I did not expect a new data control, I had a look at the Rev source for the help browser. Could that be used as the basis of a data control? If I used it in my own apps, with due credit of course :wink:, would someone from RunRev arrive at my door and unplug my backend? (ouch!)

Kind Regards,
Dave.

Return to “Talking LiveCode”