Create It With Livecode Course Debacle

Anything beyond the basics in using the LiveCode language. Share your handlers, functions and magic here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

bhall2001

Create It With Livecode Course Debacle

Post by bhall2001 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:12 pm

It's been more than a year since the start of the Create It with Livecode course, 1 App in the past 6 (or more?) months and a continued LACK OF COMMUNICATION by the Livecode Team on an expected completion path for the course materials. For how important this course appears to be to Livecode the company, I find the lack of commitment, communication and your inability to deliver on a PAID training course demonstrates a general lack or respect to those of us who enrolled.

WE DESERVE TO KNOW WHAT THE STATUS AND PLAN OF ACTION ARE FOR THE COMPLETION OF THE COURSE. YOU MUST COMMIT AND COMMUNICATE A REALISTIC TIMELINE AND DELIVER ON IT.

I paid for this course with the hopes of creating 2 products that I intend to sell commercially. I was expecting the completion of the course to be done in a few months based on the published curriculum. An extension to the course timeline promised completion during the summer of 2015. I am still waiting patiently for the course materials I need to complete my training.

Your inability to deliver the course materials has a direct impact on my ability to create commercial products with Livecode. You do realize if I am not able to create a commercially viable product I have no reason to purchase a Livecode License?

There is still 20% of the course left to complete. I find the majority of the information I was looking for in the course is in the 20% of the material that remains. Lessons 17, 18, 19 and 20 are the reason I signed up for the training. I suspect I am not alone in this assessment.

Please, communicate the status and finish the course. Where the course stopped is exactly the point that I expect makes Livecode shine. For now, I am disappointed in the Company, the lack of communication and handling of the Create It With Livecode course.

Bob Hall
Merrimack, NH
Last edited by bhall2001 on Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Klaus

Re: Create It With Livecode Course Debacle

Post by Klaus » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:40 pm

Hi Bob,

I understand your frustration, but this is not the correct address for this!
Please write to: support@livecode.com

Best

Klaus

bhall2001

Post by bhall2001 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:42 pm

I will and I will post the reply that I receive.

Bob

mimu
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by mimu » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:48 pm

Hi Bob,

i 'am sharing exactly your opinion!
About 1 month ago i asked the same question to support.

The answer:
"Thank you for your request. We will release these as soon as we can, at present
I do not have a reliable date."

It seems that the live code team has completely lost focus on this course.
Not the right way!

Michael

ToddFabacher

Post by ToddFabacher » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:54 am

I will reach out to LiveCode and see what I can do to help finish the last 20%. My schedule is tight, but I agree we need to finish.

Best,

Todd Fabacher

mimu

Post by mimu » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:40 pm

Hi Todd,

Good news!

I 'll hope you are able to convince the responsible persons to finish the course.

Return to “Talking LiveCode”