Problems with screen dimensions

Anything beyond the basics in using the LiveCode language. Share your handlers, functions and magic here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Drisk

Problems with screen dimensions

Post by Drisk » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:40 pm

Since I upgraded to Revolution Studio 3.0 I have had problems with Revolution changing my stack dimensions upon saving or standalone building. I never had problems of this sort in earlier versions of Revolution. Unfortunately I deleted those applications when I upgraded. I have no menu bar to interfere. My stack of 3 cards is supposed to have the following dimensions:
Width 875
Height 660
Location 575 over 400.

Everytine I set these dimensions, save the stack, close the stack and reopen it, the dimensions are changed to:

Width 875
Height 634
Location 575over 437.

The nice people at Revolution suggested I set the DestroyStack and DestroyWindow of the stack to true before saving, but that had no effect.

In my testing I created a new stack with one window and one button at the bottom edge of the window to my desired dimensions. The same thing happened when I saved and reopened this "empty" stack. The bottom is clipped totally hiding the button. Even the standalone had corrupt dimensions. Can anyone help me??

If you use Rev 3.0, would you try creating this one window to my dimensions and see if the save problem happens to you?

Dave

Janschenkel
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Janschenkel » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:15 am

How tall is your screen -'answer the screenrect' - and what displays if you 'answer the windowBoundingRect' ? This property decides how lrge an opened stack can be, leaving room for the menubar, a toolbar and that sort of thing.
Of course, you could fix the dimensions and locationin by putting some code in the stack script preOpenStack handler.

Code: Select all

on preOpenStack
  set the height of me to 800
  set the height of me to 660
  set the location of me to 575,400
end preOpenStack
Jan Schenkel.
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

Return to “Talking LiveCode”