Duplicating a card?

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

derek

Duplicating a card?

Post by derek » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:25 pm

I have a card in my stack, and I want to duplicate it. Usually, the duplicate will serve as the next card in the same stack. Sometimes, I will want to place it in a different sub stack or another main stack.

These online forums find no messages when I search for "duplicate card." The same is true for the User Guide. Under "Duplicate" in the User Guide, there is a mention of using Edit>Duplicate from the Revolution menus. However, when I select a card, Cut, Copy, Duplicate and Replicate are all greyed out, and unavailable.

What am I doing wrong? How can I duplicate a card within a stack or between stacks?

Thanks,
Derek
Derek Roff
Language Learning Center
University of New Mexico

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:51 pm

Hi Derek,

you are looking for "clone" and "copy"! :-)

clone this cd
## In the same stack

copy cd "My card" of stack "A" to stack "B"
## Between stacks

Hope that helps.

Best

Klaus Major

derek

Post by derek » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:49 pm

Thank you, Klaus. This will solve my problem. It's great to have such quick answers from the forum. I hope someday the documentation will improve enough that simple questions like this will be findable.

Derek
Derek Roff
Language Learning Center
University of New Mexico

marksmithhfx
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Duplicating a card?

Post by marksmithhfx » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:37 am

And Derek, thanks for asking the question. I had the same question myself but this time I was able to come here and find the answer :D Actually I did not even have to search here, Google found it for me. Its worth asking in Google, sometimes it will point you in the right direction.

Cheers,

Mark
macOS 12.6.5 (Monterey), Xcode 14.2, LC 10.0.0, iOS 15.6.1
Targets: Mac, iOS

FourthWorld

Re:

Post by FourthWorld » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:13 am

derek wrote:Thank you, Klaus. This will solve my problem. It's great to have such quick answers from the forum. I hope someday the documentation will improve enough that simple questions like this will be findable.
The key will be to add a good index, so to help that along could you tell us what you looked for in the docs? Knowing how folks conceptualize LC when learning will make a big difference in coming up with a useful index. Thanks in advance.
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”