Potential new user questions.

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

mmckenzie
Livecode Opensource Backer

Potential new user questions.

Post by mmckenzie » Tue May 22, 2007 3:51 pm

It's been awhile since I have looked at Revolution. (I actually have Enterprise 1.1) I am evaluating weather it would be a good fit for a website project I am working on (so far it does not seem so) Anyway here is what I need to create:

As part of the flash website I am building, I need to have the functionality of a calander based event reservation system, with e-commerce credit card/paypal payments, email notification, database backend for customer data and more. Is this a job for ActionScript? I have little experience with either ActionScript or Transcript so I have no personal preferance.

Also I would like to create an application for a game server that will be a graphical front end to administer multiplayer PC games. Something that will tie in to the data that is available from many of the popular PC games so that I can then manipulate it and display it from the game server.

I hope I explained all of that well enough to get some opinions. :-)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Mike

Mark

Post by Mark » Sat May 26, 2007 1:33 am

Hi Mike,

You don't tell whether you have your own in-house server, a dedicated server or a web hosting service that doesn't only allow for installation of Revolution as a CGI engine but also lets you sucessfully run it. If you have any of this, Revolution seems to be pefectly feasible for your project.

Best,

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

mmckenzie

Post by mmckenzie » Mon May 28, 2007 3:14 am

Mark,

Thanks for the response. To answer your question, at the moment I don't have any of those, however I will be using a hosting service so, it would appear that Revolution may not be the best choice for me at the moment.

Mike

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”