Stand Alone Blocked by Norton 360 File Insight

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

nsrev

Stand Alone Blocked by Norton 360 File Insight

Post by nsrev » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:14 pm

I wrote a small app on my macbook using my Enterprise program and AnimationEngine 3.0 When I tried to download a standalone version on a Windows 7 machine at home, Nortons 360 (File Insight) listed it as have many untrustworthy features and removed it from the computer. When I temporarily changed the Nortons setting I was able to download and run the program successfully however as soon as I put back the normal settings the file was removed. I tried the download a number of times with the file being removed every time. Norton 360 also said that the program was used by less than 10 of its community.
Earlier today another version of this standalone was rejected by Outlook Web Access however I used a different email provider to download and run it a Windows XP machine.
This is the first time that I have had one of my rev/livecode programs rejected by Nortons, however it concerns me that it happened the first time I tried to run a program on a new Windows computer running Windows 7 and Nortons 360. Does anyone have a suggestion to overcome this problem without having to disable Nortons?

deebee
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Stand Alone Blocked by Norton 360 File Insight

Post by deebee » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:43 am

I think it's a new feature of Norton. I have a friend I send my apps to to test and he always has to override it. His Norton always blocks anything with a creation date of less than one week ago and less than 10 users of the app in their database.
I don't know what's happening on your end, but he always has the option to ignore the warning.

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”