Bad answer of the "accept" command

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Jean-Marc

Bad answer of the "accept" command

Post by Jean-Marc » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:00 pm

When I execute the following handler, it always answers "error binding socket" on my Mac OS X system, but it works very well on my Window system. (with the OS, I can receive sockets so I am sure the Mac is visible from remote systems). Some body knows why ? Is there, some where, a demonstation stack of the abilities of revolution with the sockets and how to make remote systems dialogs between systems as client-server ?
Thanks

on ClickBtnAccept
accept connections on port 80 with message "AnswerAcceptConns"
if the result is not empty then answer the result
end ClickBtnAccept

Mark
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Mark » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:18 pm

Dear Jean-Marc,

Your problem is probably not a firewall issue. On Mac OS X, all ports up to and including 1023 are blocked by default. An easy workaround is to use port 8080 (or any other pot above 1023) instead, but if you want to make a web server, you will have to find out how to force the OS to give access to port 80.

Best,

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

Jean-Marc

Post by Jean-Marc » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:30 pm

Thanks, Mark
effectively
"accept connections on port 1024 ..."
works on Mac OS X

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”