List of Helpful Resources

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

marielle
Livecode Opensource Backer

List of Helpful Resources

Post by marielle » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:11 am

Some off-line email from Stu got me realize that he didn't seem aware of some of the resources available to help the beginner get started with revolution:

- Online conferences
- revOnline. From within your revolution product (revMedia, revStudio), in the menu bar, the version with icons, click the blue button, "revOnline", then select "users" or "Categories". An easier access to this is offered by Sosmartsoftware and his RevOnline Picker or Revonline Watcher
- Teacher Manual
- Gallery of stacks, open code. Download any stack, study the code to check how some effects are achieved
- There are some more Tutorials and Examples. At the bottom of that page, you will find links to tutorials found on the websites of other members of this community. More of these at Revolution related websites @ reved, Resources page @ runrev.com, Learning Resources page @ revdeveloper wiki
- There are lots of xtalk/transcript/revolution snippets on the Codes CMS.

Note that after a year of being not maintained, the revolution education wiki is back in business. Please let me know of any broken link (many were already fixed over the last days), any problem, or suggestion.

As Stuart sent me an email offlist to mention the lack of appropriate resources for a user like him, technically literate but completely new to revolution, I created a page Learning Hurdles. Feel free to edit that page to mention the specific difficulties you encounter when learning revolution. Feel free to write there reviews of the existing resources and how you feel they serve the needs of complete beginners well or not. To edit the page, simply register and send me an email. Alternatively, simply write in these forums, I will transfer the most relevant content in the wiki.

Marielle
Last edited by marielle on Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:12 am, edited 4 times in total.

marielle

Do these resources meet newcommer's needs?

Post by marielle » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:35 am

In fact, it would probably be very helpful to write a review of the existing resources for beginners, to appear in the runrev newsletter or on some official runrev page.

Any relative newcommer to the runrev community who would be prepared to do that? You are very welcome to use the wiki page I provided to write that collaboratively.

Marielle

mblackman

Post by mblackman » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:29 pm

There is a good list of sites in the documentation but it doesn't pop out at you.
Go to documentation, click on the Search button at the right hand side, in the window that pops up click on 'web database' which pops up a menu, choose 'Go to' and presto there's a list. Maybe they should make this easier to find !

Mark

Post by Mark » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:45 pm

I posted a number of useful links to tutorial and sample sites here:

http://forums.runrev.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... =3797#3797

(Rather than posting it all again, I'll just post a link here).

Best,

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”