Stack size changes on go to card

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

jameshale
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Stack size changes on go to card

Post by jameshale » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:10 am

Hi,
I have a weird issue.
I have a 2 card (user wise) stack with card 1 being the main card 2 and card to being an information card (card “info”).
On card 1 the is a control to “go to card”info’.
Card 1 is 1000 by 800. When I switch to card 2 the stack becomes 800 by 1000.
I.e. the height and width are swapped.
I have gone through all of my scripts removing anything that sets the size of either the stack or the cards.
Yet I cannot stop the orientation change.
I am however using the responsive layout library on both cards.
Could rhis be the cause?
I notice in the magic palette for the responsive layout there is a setting for the initial orientation.
Setting this to landscape for both cards (not an easy thing to do) does not seem to make any difference.
Looking through the properties of the info card and all objects on the card for responsive layout properties I see no property relation to initial orientation.
Does anyone have a clue as to what may be causing this.
Note: in the IDE if I look at the size of the cards in the PI I notice they are different AND unalterable.
Thoughts?

stam

Re: Stack size changes on go to card

Post by stam » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:19 am

It’s fair to say that’s not a common issue and since you’re using responsive layout, it’s a fair bet that’s the culprit…

I gave up on that quite quickly because I couldn’t understand 80% of the settings and was getting crazy layout changes. I have gone old-school and just use resizeStack handlers - much more work but guaranteed results… maybe I’ll get back into it once LC create some proper documentation of all settings.

Maybe email support for help?

jameshale

Post by jameshale » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:38 am

Yeah, documentation on the responsive layout is crap, I have grilled support over a couple of issues. However it does the job I want really well.
The issue I have is really just an annoyance in the IDE as the app itself is for iOS.
I interestingly it doesn’t impact the Mac standalone.
So I am just curious.

dunbarx

Post by dunbarx » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:36 pm

interestingly it doesn’t impact the Mac standalone.
That is odd, that what works (or does not) in the IDE changes in the standalone. I develop a complex stack on Mac, and make a handful of Windows standalones. I stay entirely in the IDE because if a user comes back to me with an issue, usually that the program stopped suddenly, I can duplicate what they did, and in the IDE I get an error at the culprit line of code.

But never has the standalone acted differently than the actual stack in the IDE. And I am not talking about printing or font "look and feel" issues.

Craig

jacque

Post by jacque » Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:50 pm

stam wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:19 am
I gave up on that quite quickly because I couldn’t understand 80% of the settings and was getting crazy layout changes. I
Same here. I also asked Panos for some guidance but it wasn't enough to get me going so I put it aside. I had high hopes for it but anything more than the simplest layout was beyond me.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”