Correspondence macOS livecode Xcode versions

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Fjord

Correspondence macOS livecode Xcode versions

Post by Fjord » Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:32 pm

Hi !
Where can I find a correspondence table between MacOS version - Livecode version - Xcode version? I can't find the page anymore ...
Currently, I use MacOS Big on 11.7.9, I have Livecode 9.6.8 to 9.6.10., What version of Xcode should I dload?
Thanks for your help !
--
François

Klaus

Re: Correspondence macOS livecode Xcode versions

Post by Klaus » Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:09 pm

Bon soir François,

check the "Release Notes" in LC -> Menu -> Help
There is always a list of compatible macOS/iOS <-> Xcode versions under -> Platform support

Best

Klaus

Fjord

Post by Fjord » Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:17 am

Thank you! I seemed to remember there was a web page about the versions… Better this way !
<aside> Maybe you already know this, in which case I don't want to appear pedantic but… in French 'bonjour' is written as one word; anyway it does mean 'good day' :) </aside>
--
François

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:33 am

I know about "bonjour" but was not sure if "bonsoir", which means "good evening" 8-), is also written as one word.

Fjord

Post by Fjord » Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:12 pm

It is.
'bonjour', 'bonsoir' (soir and jour are masculine words), but 'bonne journée', 'bonne soirée', 'bonne nuit' (as journée, soirée, nuit are feminine words). Adjectives agree in gender [and number] with the noun. So, 'bonne' must be feminine too. You can't put these in one single word ('bonnesoirée') because you wouldn't hear clearly the final syllable of 'bonne'. Just my guess.
When learning a language with genders (Spanish, French, German…), always learn nouns with the article; which English-speaking people tend not to do because we're all lazy. My British wife did not; now she tries to guess, which is basically impossible. Her French teacher should be shot.
Thanks for your help!
--
François

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”