Can I build an audio scrubber for part of a .WAV file?

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

M-A Kuttner

Can I build an audio scrubber for part of a .WAV file?

Post by M-A Kuttner » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:00 pm

I have a project that works a bit like an animation editor, where you can see any 5 second chunk of a longer animation sequence onscreen at a time, displayed at 24 FPS. You can go through these frames using a scrubber. What I'm hoping to do is associate a WAV file with this sequence so that I can go to any part of the sequence and the section of the WAV file will be time synched to the section of the animation that's currently being displayed onscreen.

Ideally, it would work something like this:
Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 11.43.39 AM.png
Where I would be able to start at any timecode in the WAV file and as I scrub through, it would play the 'atomized' bits of the audio file at 1/24th of a second, or I'd just be able to play through the 5 second chunk that's being displayed.
Hypertalk developer on and off since the days of SuperCard. Currently using LC to do rapid prototyping for a new kids' toy.

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”