recursion

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

marksmithhfx
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: recursion

Post by marksmithhfx » Fri May 27, 2022 5:18 pm

stam wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 9:30 pm

Yep - see above. I probably posted it a minute before u ;)
Also, when I logged into terminal I received this message. I wasn't sure if I should do that or not. The terminal freaks me out 😊

Code: Select all

The default interactive shell is now zsh.
To update your account to use zsh, please run `chsh -s /bin/zsh`.
Mark
macOS 12.6.5 (Monterey), Xcode 14.2, LC 10.0.0, iOS 15.6.1
Targets: Mac, iOS

marksmithhfx

Post by marksmithhfx » Fri May 27, 2022 7:00 pm

So, I thought I might have found my mistake the 1st time around: I was sending the .livecode app, not the build. So I redid the process with the build file (.app) and got the same result. Unfortunately I don't know how to access the log files created by this process in order to investigate any further.

Mark

marksmithhfx

Post by marksmithhfx » Fri May 27, 2022 8:19 pm

Well, 3rd times (actually 4th but who's counting) the charm. I had better luck with Matthias's app, which indicated that the problem was I had a conflict in my keychain. My "credentials" matched more than one "Developer ID Application" (and thus was considered "ambiguous"). Yes, I had more than one of those but they were mere duplicates of each other not different developers but apparently Apple is quite picky about that. I am surprised I never ran into the problem signing iOS apps but the specifics may have been different. But not only did I have to clean up that duplicate, I also had to remove reference to an Apple Distribution Certificate??? Weird but I obliged and it all proceeded smoothly and I then had a nice set of messages saying it was signed, stapled and delivered. So I am about to do the big test and air drop this onto my other MacBook Pro and see if it runs. Mind you, the setup on these two machines is so similar it's not a true test. That will come tomorrow if I can coax my wife to lend me her MacBook Air.

Alls well that ends well they say, so thanks for all of your help Stam. My initial venture into this process needed more debugging than the log file apple sent back provided (yes, I did finally just cut and past the URL which if I had spent a minute thinking about it would have been the obvious action to take!). But now that the keychain problem is resolved, the next time I do this I can probably just use the terminal shortcuts you provided.

Expect a link to this app coming your way once I've had a few more chances to test it on other machines just to make sure nothing obviously weird is happening. And I do look forward to all your feedback and suggestions.

Best,
Mark

marksmithhfx

Post by marksmithhfx » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:44 pm

Well, I finally "finished" version 1.0 and uploaded it to Dropbox. If you have Safari bookmark folders that could benefit from being sorted please give it a try and let me know what you think. BTW, I've provided instructions on how to backup your Safari bookmarks so you can restore them with a single click if you need or want to after running the program.

Mark

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3zes5bjxkq8p ... 1.dmg?dl=0

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”