App Tracking Transparency problem

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: App Tracking Transparency problem

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:08 pm

Hello Trevix,

We believe we have found the problem, and this should be fixed in the next LC release (9.6.5 rc3)

See here for more info:

https://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=23397

The issue affects only iOS 15.

Now, RE the other issue you're having ("Unable to install SegnaPunto"), it sounds like the issue several other users mentioned in the use-list when trying to install apps on an iOS 15 device. The solution was to use the iOS 14.5 SDK (included in Xcode 12.5). But you'll need Big Sur for that.

If you were previously able to install apps built with iOS 14.4. SDK in your iOS 15 device, then it might be the case these apps were already installed and you just installed an update, not a new fresh app.

Kind regards,
Panos
--

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: App Tracking Transparency problem

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:37 pm

Correct me if i am wrong: the custom pList and the final standalone pList are integrated when compiling, with the custom pList taking precedence:
that is, if I have PN on the custom pList, they get added to the standalone pList, even if unchecked on the standalone setting. But if I don't have PN on the custom plist and I have checked on the standlone setting, they get added to the final pList.
This ^^ is slightly incorrect. So:

- when you do NOT include a custom plist, the final plist that appears in the standalone app bundle is created from the values you enter for the various iOS standalone settings.

- when you include a custom plist in the Copy Files, then this plist, as it is, replaces the plist that is generated by the iOS settings. That means that ANY change you do in the iOS settings will NOT affect the final plist, since the final plist will be exactly the same (unless you modify it in the "savingMobileStandalone" handler, as you do) with the custom one you put in the Copy Files.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Panos
--

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”