Looking for testers for handler BMP3 Export

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Looking for testers for handler BMP3 Export

Post by richmond62 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:36 am

what they think they stand to gain though.
That has always escaped me as well.

But most of us know Aesop's story about the dog in the manger.

SparkOut

Post by SparkOut » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:56 am

Actually, I think it might be a sublty clever (for a bot) attempt to plant a backlink (which of course fails for new posters here).
If the link-dropping had been successful, this would lead to an improved search ranking for the target site. The amount by which the ranking improves is dependent on many unknowns, but one factor is the "quality" of the backlink source page. By including words to suggest this page was helpful, and encouraging further writing on the topic, the backlink quality might be improved, thus elevating the effect of the backlink on the target page's improvement.

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:22 am

SparkOut wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:56 am
Actually, I think it might be a sublty clever (for a bot) attempt to plant a backlink (which of course fails for new posters here)...
Unfortunatley some spammers have somehow managed to plant a link in their very first thread!

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”