Browser widget - reports it is "older version" - any plans for this to be fixed?

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

rodneyt

Browser widget - reports it is "older version" - any plans for this to be fixed?

Post by rodneyt » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:38 am

When opening browser widget it reports "Reinstall Chrome to stay secure - you're using an old version of Chrome"

What version of Chrome (ium) is being used by the widget and does anyone know if there is a plan to update it to latest version?

And while we're on the subject of the browser widget - does anyone know if it is possible to open the Chrome developer console inside the widget? I'm assuming not, but you never know, so I am asking just in case I am missing something obvious.

~ Rodney
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 2.35.23 PM.png

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Browser widget - reports it is "older version" - any plans for this to be fixed?

Post by jacque » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:33 pm

As I understand it, the widget uses the version of Chrome on the computer. Is that up to date?
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

rodneyt

Re: Browser widget - reports it is "older version" - any plans for this to be fixed?

Post by rodneyt » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:57 am

Interesting. I checked Chrome and it was in process of completing an update to version 89 (I'm always pretty much up to date). Perhaps the fact it was in process of completing update resulted in that dialog appearing.

Dialog is gone in Chrome now. So I guess anyone else experiencing this - check chrome updates to see if it is waiting to complete...

~ Rodney

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”