Android Physical Device & Emulator Testing Swap

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

JereMiami

Android Physical Device & Emulator Testing Swap

Post by JereMiami » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:52 pm

I usually (always) test on a physical device. I thought to try an emulator to see if that would be a faster build (it is not). I find myself not having an option to test on that physical device anymore on the "Test Target" drop down item. Anyone know where that that option went? How do I get my physical device as an option back?

JereMiami

Re: Android Physical Device & Emulator Testing Swap

Post by JereMiami » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:55 pm

Never mind. I just deleted the emulator and it went back to recognizing the physical device. But is it possible to choose between the two without having to add/delete emulators?

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Android Physical Device & Emulator Testing Swap

Post by jacque » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:34 pm

Try closing the emulator window and /or quitting it. Then plug in the device. If LC still doesn't see it, restart LC.

Sometimes the problem is with adb. In that case, open a terminal window while the device is cabled to the computer and cd to Android SDK/ platform-tools. Then issue these commands:

adb kill-server
adb start-server
adb devices

You should see the ID number of your device, which means adb has successfully recognized it. If LC hasn't noticed the change, restart LC while the device is still attached.

If you're on a Mac, you need to use ". /adb" instead of just "adb" in the commands.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”